Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dobrasevic Food Company


What does this mean? Produce! Fresh, locally-grown produce delivered to my front door every Saturday. It competes with or beats the prices at the grocery store, and delivery is free. It also builds Michigan's economy....sadly, it could use a bit of a boost. really. I originally was introduced to "fresh delivered produce to your door" by Amy E. (my sis) who participates in a program similar to this in Pittsburgh. When I moved here last summer I looked for a company to do this for our family. Nothing. That is until last week.....thank you Pam! (she gets a box too)
Today I got my first box. I am so excited! Strange to be excited over this??? No way.
This is AWESOME in my book!

6 comments:

Patty Sampson said...

ooh! I want to find something like this in Philly! Um, but maybe it is better not to ingest the "local" pollution in the veggies.....?

Pam said...

Yeah for yummy food! I can't wait to see what we get next week in our box :)

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

That is awesome!
Anything that means less trips to the grocery store with all the kids is always awesome.....and you are supporting locally grown produce. I must find one here in Columbus.

I have been saying to Kevin I can't wait until the farmers markets open again this summer....I am craving good fruit (but that is probably the pregnancy talking.)

Denise said...

I've thought about doing this a lot, however, you can't pick your food. Do you guys like everything that comes in the box? I feel like a lot of it would go to waste.

Anonymous said...

Sounds fantastic to not have to go to the store for fresh produce.

Doug and Mallena said...

What a great way to get fresh produce and help the local economy!