Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tagged

Rules Once Tagged:

1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog (copy and paste 1-6).
3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below).
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
5) Let them know they are tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger (who tagged you) know when your post is up.


Randomness about me:

1. I am afraid of the dark. I have been afraid of the dark since I can remember. When I was little I always slept with a light on in my room. Somewhere in the house, there has to be at least one light on. I might need to get up in the night and find my way. I wouldn't want to run into anything spooky.....such as a spider on the loose.

2. If going up a set of stairs with another person/people, I can't be the last one going up. When I was young, I use to leap up the stairs 3 stairs at a time to avoid the feeling of being chased.

3. I was a vegetarian for a good part of my life. I would not touch meat. The thought of how it got to the table made me sick, physically. Now, I won't pass up a good steak here and there. My body wishes I was still vegetarian, my tongue is grateful I'm not.

4. I get very nervous to introduce myself to people. It is something I have had to practice. For instance, having to visit teach people I don't know scares me to death. What am I supposed to say to them? It is intimidating to start a conversation with someone I have never met before. Practice makes perfect.....I hope!

5. The thought of picking my nose makes me sick. I have to use q-tips. Every night I clean out my nose with q-tips before I go to bed. It's as routine as brushing my teeth. I have to do it, even if my nose stays stuffy.

6. I hate the wind and not because it messes up my hair. I have always been extremely aware of my surroundings. I feel secure by knowing everything that is going on around me all the time (I already know I am paranoid...refer to #1 and #2) The wind really screws this up for me, I can't hear a thing when it's windy.

I tag: Elaine, Cally, Shilowe, Elsa, Christa, and Natalie B.!

9 comments:

Cordell and Sarah said...

I didn't know you were vegetarian Tricia! We have actually been going that route for about a year now and I am always scrounging for good veg recipes. Please let me know if you have good ones or can recommend a great cookbook (I only have time to go through so many cookbooks from the library).
Hope all is well with Bryan finishing up school!

andersons said...

I don't believe number 4. After all these years, I would never have thought that about you!

Doug and Mallena said...

Those were fun to read. I don't think I knew any of those things about you. Thanks for sharing!

Elaine said...

I can totally relate to the feeling of not wanting to be the last one up the stairs. I have felt like that too. I've never had anyone explain this quirk so perfectly though! Miss you!

dan and linds said...

I just learned a lot about you! I am with you on the whole dark thing... scares me to death. But you are so outgoing I would never have guessed #4. And you used to be a vegetarian?? That seems impossible with how deliciously you cook meat! I'm glad you converted :)

dan and linds said...

Now tell me you used to be a coketarian (I've become one myself) and I would believe that!

crazy mandy said...

you and i have a lot in common!

Shilowe said...

Hey Tricia! I posted my 6 random things on my blog. I didn't get it when you said you tagged me until this morning when I saw your blog. I thought that was just a silly way of saying "Hi" or something. Ha ha. --Shilowe

Patty Sampson said...

Wow Tricia, that is a bunch of cool random facts! I had no idea. And that wind one is really cool. And I too have a hard time introducing myself. I am glad I am not the only one. :) Oh, and did I tell you how much I love this blog background?