
Here is the recipe:
1 pound cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Celery, clove, pumpernickel slice, black olives, and carrot
In a food processor, combine cream cheese , 1/2 cup Monterey Jack, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Freeze until firm, 30 minutes. (I did this with my Kitchen Aid mixer)
Shape mixture into 3 balls; roll balls in remaining Monterey Jack. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
Just before serving, stack balls; secure with toothpicks. (I used shish-kabob sticks) Use vegetable peeler to shave celery scarf; pin with clove. Cut bread into 1- and 1 1/2-inch rounds; pin hat together with a toothpick. Push through far enough so the stick doesn't poke out the top. Punch dots from olives with plain round pastry tips, and cut end off carrot; press in place. (I used all cloves so I wouldn't open an entire can of olives.) Serve with crackers.
This next one, I was skeptical at first when I saw the recipe. I really wanted to make pineapple up-side down cake. But it seemed so boring. Until I came across this on allrecipes.com. It looked too good to be true, but I was pleasantly surprised when they came out looking like this:

I didn't present them nice, but they were as good as they look. The things I did different: I used jumbo muffin tins and I cut a section out of the pineapple slice so it would sit flush on the bottom. Whatever I didn't have in pineapple juice I made up for with water. I used the whole cherry, putting it in the bottom before I poured the batter in. Ooooohhh.......these were fun!
Here is the recipe:
INGREDIENTS
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 (20 ounce) cans sliced pineapple
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 12 maraschino cherries, halved
DIRECTIONS
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and butter; mix well. Spoon into 24 greased muffin cups. Drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Trim pineapple to fit the muffin cups; place one ring in each cup.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oils and 1-1/4 cups of the reserved pineapple juice; mix well. Spoon over pineapple, filling each cup two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediately invert onto wire racks to cool. Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple ring.
3 comments:
Oh YUMMY! Please add it to our smorgasbord, 'cuz I'm sure it would be a hit there also! Very creative.
I am trying to spread the word. Check out Melissa Gunnell's video HERE and VOTE!
hey molen's! i am blog stalking... i just found out a bunch of you blogged..lol! blogging is so fun =)
this snowman is ADORABLE!! and the pineapple upside downcakes look so yummy, i am gonna try that recipe for sure!
blahblahblahblog.typepad.com
Post a Comment