Friday, January 18, 2008
No more boredom
Last week I said I was bored, and this week I was struck by lightning, only in the form of 4 trips to the pediatrician and 2 sick kids. First trip, Alyssa had bronchitis. Second trip, chest x-ray for Alyssa showed that her bronchitis turned into pneumonia and it also showed she has suddenly developed Asthma. Third Trip, follow up for Alyssa. Fourth trip, spontaneously 3 hours after the third, Mason got a turn to go. He threw up 9 times in 3 1/2 hours. And today, they both have diarrhea. So, between doctor runs and "the runs" I am no longer bored. After a flop of a ward movie night(Alyssa just so happened to have "the runs" while we were at the church) , we thought we'd treat the kids to Chik-fil-A because they were cooped up all week. While at Chik-fil-A, Mason threw up on everyone's ice cream. So people, if you wouldn't think of this yourself, learn from me, Pinky (the not so smart half of the Brain), DO NOT TAKE SICK CHILDREN OUT ANYWHERE. I think the four people that showed up for movie night wouldn't have been too upset had I just canceled it. Oh, and never admit you are bored. Lightning strikes with out warning! And aren't they cute little lightning bolts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hi Tricia, It's Emily. You didn't leave your info so I had to blog search you, hope you don't mind. It is crazy that you guys are such good friends with Natalie and Randy, what a small world. Your family is adorable and Bryan and Kevin look the same! Tell Bryan that Cameron's email is cameron.orchard@fedex.com. I am sure he will be thrilled to hear from him! Of course you can add me to your list, as I am going to do the same with yours. Thanks for getting in touch.
By the way, your day sounds a thousand times worse than mine was!! I hope your kids get better.
What a crazy week!!! I'm so sorry Alyssa and Mason were so sick-- no fun at all, I hope they feel better soon! I've made a big mental note to never admit to being bored!
aww i hope the kids are feeling better soon! there are so many yukky virus's going around right now.. urgh.
that picture is so cute!
Holy Cow, we hope they are feeling better and getting better! And we hope you are a little bored this next week. Thinking of you!
GEEZ! Lightening and THUNDER! You handled yourself well and so we'll just have to treat ourselves to a nice little outing without the kids... for a break!
Oh dear. So sorry. I have this theory that our children are agents for some unknown power sent here to try and kill us. I know my kids try at least once a day. And they are sneaky about it. They lure you in with cute smiles, then get sick and cranky, deprive you of sleep for weeks on end, and the next thing you know, BAM! you've been hit by a train. Good luck with all that!
Post a Comment