Wednesday, October 3, 2007

September Fun!

This year is going by incredibly fast. Our family has been blessed this month with health, good friends, and marking milestones! Labor Day was a fun time to Boston. This was a sentimental trip for me because my mother loved Boston. And after years of traveling the world all over Asia and Europe and the America's she was able to finally see Boston 2 weeks before she passed! What a peaceful, beautiful part of our country. It's no wonder she loved it. Then we celebrated Bryan's 30th birthday. I think he has grown a few more gray hairs. On the 19th, Alyssa started her first day of Kindergarten. She is learning so much and she really likes her new teachers and friends. I was worried because it was such a BIG new place. But Alyssa has never had a problem making friends and seems to be enjoying school. Mason turned 18 months.......10 more gray hairs for Bryan. Bryan and I were able to attend the D.C. Temple for the first time in 2 years. We have a bunch of lame excuses like, I was pregnant, I worked every Saturday thereafter, blah, blah, blah. We finally went and had such a great time with the rest of the ward that we look forward to doing it again in the very near future. And to top it off, I had my old time pal (this makes me sound ancient I know, or at least her anyway) Cally come visit Philly. We had so much fun together. I haven't seen her, or any one else from Utopia for almost a year. I was anxious to see that these people do still exist. We toured through Philly's historical sights quickly so we could move steadfast toward every opportunity we had to shop. Then we shopped, shopped, and shopped some more. Saturday rolled around, we went to New York, shopped, saw RENT on Broadway (Yes I know it is racy, please no one feel bad for me, I actually really enjoyed it!!!!) then we shopped some more. Sunday after church we went to Lambertville, NJ. Cally really likes antiques and we thought this was the perfect place to check that out! So, we would have shopped some more if everything there wasn't so expensive.......maybe some other time! And Monday, we shopped some more until I had to take her to the airport! Even though we shopped....A LOT.... we really enjoyed just catching up and being the nerds that we are! At least we did it in style! Cally, thanks for a great time, and anyone who is reading this, please know that if you want to visit, I am quite the chameleon. So if shopping isn't your thing, I can make adjustments! So, that wrapped up September! I will post some pictures when Cally e-mails them to me! :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gray hair, I don't think so... he is a young Elvis Presley. Is it cool to lie on Sunday?
Cally was very sweet and it is always so nice to have someone familiar come to a place that is so unfamiliar (compared to the life we have lived). Which is why I am so excited to have my parents, grandparents and BF come later this month!!! YEAH!