So, this is long overdue, but Bryan's birthday was on the 10th of September. I threw him a big surprise party with a bunch of friends. There were approximately 40 adults and 20 children. I had a luau theme for him. I have so many wonderful friends who helped me pull this off. Deanna Hilton had the wonderful idea of making candy lei's for all the guests! Very cute and a lot of work!! She also helped with the decorating and then, to our surprise, she made Bryan and I the real flower leis. Natalie Buchkovich watched my kids all morning for me and, with Nick's help, made Bryan a really nice DVD reflecting the last 30 years of Bryan life! What a great keepsake! And I have re-named Bonnie Seelinger "Chip-chop"! This girl chops food so fast I am surprised she still has fingers left. Of course she is professionally trained to do so.......(Chip-chop, you should definitely start a catering business.) And Chip-chop could not have done it without Sierra Parke letting us invade her kitchen on 10 minutes notice for 3 hours or more! And not only that, she watched Mason and let him throw rice and goldfish crackers all over her house! Another special thanks to Mallena Ricks, who helped me plant last minute details, Alyson Peterson for taking pictures, and Ryan Anderson for letting us use his laptop at 2 seconds notice!! We are very blessed to have such great friends. And then a big thanks to everyone that came to support Bryan on his big day! Everyone I invited came, minus one husband and the Kuehne's, who if there name wasn't so hard to spell, would have been there too! A big Oops on my part and one I wish to forget! Any way, it was such an ordeal how it was all pulled off! Everyone tells me I should write it down for memories sake, but another time, it will take too long! All in all, it was fun to plan and fun to throw, but most importantly, Bryan had a fun time! He didn't realize how loved he was! But he should have! Because he is loveable!
2 comments:
It was such an impressive party and fun for us all. You did such a wonderful job- you should include your adorable srapbook and invitations!
Cute Pics! I love the candy lei idea! I was so impressed when you told us the story of how you planned it all, I don't think I would be clever enough to pull it off.
By the way, I loved your outfit on sunday, you looked so cute!
Post a Comment