Here are some pictures of our self-guided tour through Boston. We took the famous Freedom Trail. A little red trail though out the city that guides all the tourists. This first picture is of the state house. It is so majestic! I really enjoy design and architecture so this was a highlight for me! I am not 100% sure, but I think the small statue to the left is of a woman named Ann Marbury Hutchinson. This woman is famous to Boston. She came to Boston in 1634 from England with her husband and 9 children. Later, she formed a group of women to discuss religion at a Sunday meeting gathering. Years later, she was tried, persecuted, and driven out of the state of Massachusetts. Her husband eventually passed. Following their exile, Indians came upon their home. She and eight of her children were massacred. Her sole surviving ten year old, Susannah, is whom I am a descendant of. Ann Marbury Hutchinson is considered a hero for her courage to have an opinion and is a great example for women everywhere. I was so excited to learn of her and read about her. Ironically, I did not know about her until I returned home from Boston.
Friday, September 7, 2007
The Freedom Trail
Here are some pictures of our self-guided tour through Boston. We took the famous Freedom Trail. A little red trail though out the city that guides all the tourists. This first picture is of the state house. It is so majestic! I really enjoy design and architecture so this was a highlight for me! I am not 100% sure, but I think the small statue to the left is of a woman named Ann Marbury Hutchinson. This woman is famous to Boston. She came to Boston in 1634 from England with her husband and 9 children. Later, she formed a group of women to discuss religion at a Sunday meeting gathering. Years later, she was tried, persecuted, and driven out of the state of Massachusetts. Her husband eventually passed. Following their exile, Indians came upon their home. She and eight of her children were massacred. Her sole surviving ten year old, Susannah, is whom I am a descendant of. Ann Marbury Hutchinson is considered a hero for her courage to have an opinion and is a great example for women everywhere. I was so excited to learn of her and read about her. Ironically, I did not know about her until I returned home from Boston.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Cute pictures! That trip was so much fun, I'm so glad we got to go with you guys!
Cool history and great company. What makes for a better time. Oh yeah, a few sips of the 'ol bubbly. jk
I am so happy that you guys had such a fun trip! Wish we could have joined you.
Post a Comment