So, we blessed Vivienne on June 14th. She was 3 weeks old. I didn't want to wait til she was 2 months old and we lived in Detroit where we know no one. I figured if it couldn't be in Utah then I really wanted it in Philly before we moved. It was our last Sunday. Bryan gave a beautiful blessing but at one point I couldn't keep from laughing....he blessed her to be determined! And then he blessed her to be a peacemaker. A good combination. But again, another beautiful blessing by him.
Because she was premature, I knew finding a dress would be a challenge. So, with the inspiration from Susan's friend in Mississippi, I decided to make it. Her friend makes them for her granddaughters using a onesie as the top then sews on a skirt. I used a preemie onesie to fit Viv and then made some adjustments. Emily showed me how to seersucker the top of the skirt and she also let me use her machine. Huge lifesaver! I also added beads at the neckline and replaced the sleeves with trim. Then when I was in Lancaster just days before Viv's unexpected arrival, I bought ribbon crocheted booties I fell in love with. They are so pretty. But of course, they are too big to this day. So she was going to go barefoot until......Allison made her the most darling little booties. She made them with left over material from her temple dress. Custom made shoes! So cute. And Gramma Dot bought her a pretty hair bow (she went through hoops to get that hair bow to us!) and Natalie H. made her a sparkly little bracelet, it measured 2 1/2 inches . All voluntary! We sure are loved!!! And she looked like a little Angel. Everything was perfect!!
9 comments:
So stinkin' cute. We miss you guys!
You did a great job! What a great idea and cheap too!
Viv's little dress came out so cute. You are so talented, Tricia. I'm glad you guys were able to bless her here before you left too.
The whole fmaily looks so great! She is so sweet and tiny. I love that her nickname is Beef!! LOve it!
The dress turned out really cute. My lil one was a premie too. I wish I would have known....
SOOOO sweet...I didn't know you sewed! Way to go Tricia! So precious. We hope the transition is going well. So the Hiltons moved to Indiana huh? They just can't stay in one place. We loved those guys. They sure served diligently! Have fun in Michigan.
She is adorable. That dress is beautiful!!
I am so impressed, Her dress is adorable!! And you look beautiful.
Vivienne is gorgeous! "Quelle beauté!" - and you look great too!
Post a Comment