Saturday, May 23, 2009

Now it's really going to be tricky to get caught up

First things first.....
Alyssa was part of a very cute dance recital, back in April, yes I said April.
Then she had a very fun birthday and party with friends and family.(pictures to come as promised) I am so horrible working our scanner.
Bryan's graduation was next in line. Family arrived on the 14th of May. Friday, Art Museum, Rocky Statue. Saturday, New York City. Sunday, gave a talk on 'Finding Joy in the Journey.' Very appropriate for me considering I needed to reflect on just that under chaotic circumstances. After church, more walking, out at beautiful and historical Valley Forge. Monday, Amish country....Intercourse, PA to be exact. Much more charming than it sounds and will be a favorite pretzel hot spot for me for years to come! Tuesday, The BIG day! Graduation day! Congratulations Dr. Bryan Molen! What a momentous event for our family. Wednesday, said some goodbyes, did a little shopping. Thursday, Said more goodbyes, shed tears. Friday, now the 22nd, peaceful, relaxing, and an opportunity to finally get a much needed pedicure. Bryan did his best, but he is not a cosmetic podiatrist! :o) Friday, after pedicure.....contractions.....huh? My actual due date was still 4 weeks out and I still had 3 wks until my c-section. "I'm not going to the hospital just to be sent home".....my first thought. "My contractions are pretty close together, should I be worried?"....second thought. Go to hospital, get monitors stuck on.....tracking contractions. "Hmmm...strange. these are getting closer together, uncomfy too. They'll slow down.....(contraction) oh, maybe not"....third thought. By the fourth thought, I was having so many thoughts....."careful what you wish for, looks like I am not going home, I hope Viv is healthy, I am just rotten for asking for this, ouch......ooh, big ouch.......AHH, this really freakin' hurts (tears) get her out!!!! Dr. comes in, doesn't look like I am going to regress, so they prepare the OR for a c-section. At 2:30am on May 23rd, 2009, Vivienne Leslie Molen was born. It is also my Dad's 70th birthday today. And she is one month early. Now I will sit in this Hospital until Tuesday. I will have some time to figure out how to post some pictures for all of this past weeks excitement.....but maybe when the Percoset wears off.

Thank you to everyone who came to support Bryan and me for graduation. We really miss our family and wish they could have stayed two days later. But, I got what I asked for....an early, healthy baby....and the bonus is she is as cute as a button at 6lbs even and 18.5" long. She is my littlest baby....and she isn't strong enough to give a good scream yet....she lets out the tiniest little chirpy scream I've ever heard. I've fallen in love all over again! Thanks to so many good friends who have helped us out with this early delivery!

We are very blessed with the timing of things and to have our health. This is going to make our transition to Michigan much more smooth. And that she is healthy was the most important thing! Tomorrow, Bryan will be back with me at the hospital and he wants to help me get some pics posted!

Ok, these are some strong drugs I'm on.....getting loopy.....but I will get caught up! Good night!

8 comments:

andersons said...

I can't wait to see photos!!! What a blessing that she is healthy and you will be in much better health for the move. Congratulations Bryan on graduation!!!

The Taylors said...

picture , picture, picture, we want pictures! \Congrats on everything.

The Schexnayders said...

Congrats Tricia! I bet she is perfect! Please let Sean and I know if there is anything we can do (we told Alyssa today that she and Mason can come stay at our house anytime). I cant wait to see pictures and also I must say how impressed I am that you are updating your blog from the hospital after having a baby! Wow... that is commitment.

Elaine said...

Trish! I am screaming right now. It's time like these that I wish I was still in Philadelphia. I wish I could have been there to help you and see your sweet precious baby. Can't wait for pictures. Congratulations to both you and Bryan for the new baby and graduation. Time flies!

emily a. said...

No wonder you went into labor after a week like that.

Anonymous said...

Let me start off by saying:

CONGRATZ DR. MOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so proud of you Bry. I will be joining the elite in a couple of years.

Tricia: Contgratz. I'm so proud of you. You did well. I didn't think that you would make it full term. Viv was just inching her way out. I love you and I am so greatful to have met you. If you need anything let me know. I will be sad when you guys leave so you have to keep in touch.

mallena said...

Congratulations Dr. Molen. How exciting to be done and moving forward!

I hope you're healing fast Trish! Call me if you ever get bored. Remember. Midnight there is only 10:00 here. You can be up in the middle of the night and not even have to worry about calling me too late. Well, unless it's around 3 a.m. there. Please don't call me during that feeding!

Anonymous said...

That is Wonderful!! Congratulations!!
I am eager to see pictures.
You guy's are busy..busy..busy....
If you need help I am really close aswell, I would love to help.