Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Check!

I love to write lists and check them off. it gives me a great sense of accomplishment. I will even go to the extent of making my bed, then writing it down on my list just to quickly check it off. This gives me a good head start. I even write down, "Take shower, Hair and Make-up" for more things to check off. Ridiculous, I know. Sometimes, I get too far ahead of myself when I don't even have all the information i need to make lists to check. For instance, I started looking for places to live back in January, and I had no idea where we were even moving to. So you can imagine my frustration of not being able to Check that off my list. This is part of my impatient side......eeek. Well, this weekend, we found a place to live, checked out our new ward, and Alyssa's school. Check, check, check!!!! Things are really coming together! Now if I could just get my house put back together! Uhg!

6 comments:

Patty Sampson said...

I recommend writing on the list "leave house untidy" and checking it off. :) That way you will have less stress.

I read your post and laughed out loud. You and I are so similar with the check lists! I do the same thing!! Even down to the early house hunting. That is so funny. But I am thrilled you finally know exactly where you are headed, and have that portion of your life in order. Where are you guys going by the way? It has been a while since we talked.

andersons said...

I love checking off stuff on to do lists. I am the same way. I'm going to have to call you today and hear all about where you will live and all the details.

mallena said...

I love Patty's idea about adding "leave house untidy" to your list! I agree. You're moving anyway. ;) Did you guys drive to see everything or did you do it all online?

Pictures please. Wait! I still haven't posted pictures of where we're living. Hmmmm....I guess I don't have any room to complain. However; you could prove you're the better person and post pictures before me.

Love you!

Amy said...

Without lists I don't think all the important things would get done. I would probably get distracted to fast. Congrats on finding a place to live. That is always a stressful thing for me. We will miss you though.

Bonnie said...

I am a little OCD myself about lists. Going so far as to write out a new list at night so that its fresh for the next day. Catagorizing my grocery lists into depts/aisles.............. Yeah I get you. So are you buying or renting? :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on checking so much off. That is exciting to here that you found a place to live. When do you move?
I am a list girl too.