Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day Mom! I miss you and love you! I miss your grace, your stillness, your voice, your hugs! I did better today. This is the 6th Mother's Day with out you, and for the first time it was a little easier even though you are not physically here. I actually kept it together. In R.S. we sang "As Sister's in Zion" for the closing song. I can't sing that song without choking because I think it was written for you! But I did today and am grateful to my Heavenly Father for reminding me of his love for us through music, because I can hear you speaking to me in these endless times of difficulty. And so I smiled and listened, and I could imagine the sound of your violin and the way you would hold it. And I just smiled. I know you are happy in spirit and you miss us just as much. I wish you were here to talk to and to share a laugh, a smile, or a visit with me. I am reminded of you everyday and all of life's lessons you have taught me. You are my Angel! I love you. Happy Mother's Day!

Carol Beesley Moon.......She is so beautiful, inside and out! Smooches!


To all the women in my life. Thank you for the examples you are to me. Each day I learn how to be a better listener, a better friend, more laid back, more organized, and more kind because of the examples of motherhood I have all around me. And I am endlessly grateful to each of you for showing me what devotion to the gospel embodies. You have all taught me something! Thank you! And if you are reading this, that means you! Happy Mother's Day!

12 comments:

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Nice tribute Trish. I so wish I could have met your mom. With all the stories and things you have told me about you dear mom, she sounds like such an amazing person, and mom. But It is also great to see that you have and continue to live by her example she has set for you. She would be proud!!
Hope you had a great Mother's day! How was Bryans dinner????

emily a. said...

Maybe you didn't cry but you just made me cry! Your mom was GORGEOUS!!! What a smile. She sounds wonderful, just like you. I'm certain they read blogs up in heaven....

Doug and Mallena said...

Thank you for sharing that. It was beautiful and I got a little teary. It reminds me not to take my mom for granted. Your mother sounds like an amazing person and I'm sure she is doing an amazing job in Heaven. Thank goodness for the opportunity to have an eternal family.

mandy horrocks said...

what a touching post, you made me cry! your mom sounds like she was an amazing woman and i know she taught you well because you are amazing also. hope you had a great mother's day =)

Kendy said...

How amazing it is to have had a mother to have loved soo much. And its because of her love that you love. Your daughter will definantly feed off the love you had and have for your mom that she too will love and cherish you. I hope u had a wonderful Mommy day.

Laura said...

miss your mom. she was always so sweet and I know she really is your angel watching over you and your little family.

Patty Sampson said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mom. You are such a sweetheart.

dan and linds said...

This was so touching to read. Your mom sounds incredible, such a good example. I know she is proud of who you have become and the kind of mother you are to your kids.

Brett Bailey said...

Hi Mom - it was fun to log on and see your face. What a pleasant surprise! You'd think you'd be on my mind all the time, what with me living in your house. Mostly I think of you when I do the dishes. The view out the kitchen window will always be YOUR view. The kids are doing great, as you know. Thanks for showing us how to be a great mom. Love you so much. Kathleen

Brett Bailey said...

P.S. That is a great picture of mom. It comes from a snapshot of her with her three grown girls. Remember the one? Yeah, she loved us.

Emily H said...

She sounds like a neat lady!

Anonymous said...

I finally read this. Tears, wow! It was very eloquently written and your mom knows exactly what you feel, I'm sure of it!