So it has been too long. Our last post was in May, and now we have one more day in June. Not to say I have a horrible life, or I am unlucky, but I am sure excited to get JUNE over with. It has been an extremely chaotic month. So to give you a quick brief of what has been going on......
A. Bryan devotes his life to studying for boards.
B. Tricia puts in her two weeks at the salon after months of obnoxious "drama" that she just can't take any more! There of course, are other reasons too.
C. We used up all of 2007's budget $ for the car in one day! :o)
D. Mason was diagnosed with Asthma. It has been a lot of trips to the doctor!
E. Tricia' s tooth fell out and now she looks like a hillbilly. Several trips to the dentist, and several more to come, only to find out that she has more dental work to be done! YEAH!
F. Bryan, amidst all of the chaos, continues to focus on his up coming board exam. Tricia is really feeling the pressures of his absence.
This is when you ask yourself, how many things can happen at once and where the heck are all my blessings? And then after pondering all this chaos, these are things we are reminded of.........
A. Bryan is studying hard for something to be able to support his family. Way to go B-MAN!
B. Today was Tricia's last day of work, being the reason there is a new post! It wasn't all bad, the job came with a paycheck. (I got in my car tonight and had a celebration!) I never have to go back to that ridiculous place again. WHAT A BLESSING!!
C. At least we have a car. And a car that runs well is especially nice, we have that too!
D. Mason was diagnosed promptly and has been on treatments. Thank goodness for modern medicine and living in a country where treatments are so readily available!
E. Although Tricia looks like a hillbilly, it will eventually come to an end. This has been very entertaining! We have a reason to laugh every time she talks!
F. Bryan the trooper, stays up late, gets up early, studies, studies, studies. What a blessing to have such a great example of what hard work and dedication is. And most of the time, when he is "Absent" he is just a walk down the hallway......studying in the Laundry room! :o)
As the month comes to a close, my thoughts led me to ponder what sorts of blessings could come if a car just "softly" hit me. Just enough to knock me out for a few days. Here is some, to name just a few. If I lost a few more teeth, they would treat that as an emergency. Maybe I would get quicker results. They could whip up some dentures in no time! I would actually sleep through an entire night! I would get to sit in a bed, maybe even lose a few pounds, and have meals brought in to my family. I would get to watch Oprah upon waking. If I broke a leg and some ribs, I could request to be pushed around in a wheelchair, doing nothing but reading books and drinking chocolate milkshakes! But boy would it hurt! Ah, and this is where percocet comes in to play! After pondering this and the many other luxuries of getting hit "softly" by a car, I realized I am nuts, but that any way I view it, I can remain optimistic through my trials and seek the blessings of them all. So, I am indeed, grateful for my trials! And I really do hope I don't get hit by a car tomorrow, or ever! :o) Night!
There is a saying that always keeps me in check when I start thinking things like, getting hit by a car might be nice:
"We cannot always control the circumstances in our lives, but we can control our attitude towards them." ~unknown
1 comment:
I'm glad you are alive. Please don't leave this world without saying goodbye, PLEASE. Especially if you're going to do it on purpose. I like how you take your adversaries and turn them into blessings. Something all of us could learn.
Post a Comment